Thursday, April 3, 2008

Reader glasses for Guatemala - Good Cause

Subject: Reading Glasses
Determination: Not spam but sent as a forwarded personal message to me. This appears to be a great cause and anyone with extra glasses they no longer use should donate them immediately to help the cause. We suggest supporting these people.


Dear Friends - Bill, Megan, Cally and I will be going to Guatemala for a mission trip on June 1st.

We will be staying in a small village called Cidabenique where the mission team will help with construction, have a vacation bible school, a medical clinic and a family blessing clinic and each evening, have a worship service.

God has placed a desire on my heart to take "reader" glasses to the village - hopefully, one pair per family (there are 150 families in Cidabenique).

On my past two trips to Guatemala, it was very touching to watch the faces of the people as they put on a pair of reader glasses and for the first time, could see the words of the Bible or now could see to thread a needle.

If many of you are like me, I have many pairs of these "reader" glasses around my house and don't know what I would do without them. It is my hope that you will help me collect reader glasses in strengths of 1.00, 1.25, or 1.50 or if you are able , donate money so that I can buy the glasses.

It is my prayer that these glasses will make a huge difference in the Guatemalan people's lives and that that they will know the love of Christ through our acts of kindness. Thank you for your help and most of all, thank you for keeping us in your prayers.

Blessings, Amy B.

Matthew 25:40 "Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me"

Bill and Amy Broome
8419 Thornbury Ct.
Knoxville, TN. 37919
865-539-0902

No comments: