Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Best Buy Store and my Sirius satellite radio part 2

So the saga I am having with the Best Buy Store and my Sirius satellite radio equipment continues.

Less than 2 years ago when I purchased a brand new Honda Civic I decided to get Sirius Satellite radio installed by Best Buy in the car and get a kit where I can use the radio in my house as well. I then decided to further indulge my love for music, news and talk radio by buying a portable boom box so I can bring my satellite radio where ever I go.

As an early supporter of Satellite radio I deiced to buy the lifetime subscription for the Sirius radio at $499 that with tax came to almost $600. Later I was advised that lifetime meant the lifetime of the radio and I could switch radios 3 times at a cost of $75 per switch. Since I was in the electronics businesses and knew the lifetime expectancy of a radio is normally 5 or more years at least I felt confident to buy this Sirius Lifetime Satellite Radio Subscription based upon past experience.

When I purchased all of this equipment from the Best Buy store in Boca Raton Florida since there was so much of an investment riding on the radio that I decided to purchase the 4 year extended warranty that Best Buy offered based upon what the salesperson who sold me the equipment told me.

When I brought my new car home after the installation was done by the Best Buy store in Boca Raton FL I notice huge gouges in my dashboard so I took the car back right away. The installation department wrote up a report and told me that they would order the part from Honda and replace it right away.

Weeks passed and numerous phone calls were made by me to the Best Buy Store in Boca Raton Florida. No parts were ever order and nothing was being done. After numerous trips to the stare they told me that it had to go through their corporate office and I had to bring the car back down again and they took pictures with a Polaroid (they had no more film) to submit with the report. They sent someone out to buy more film – kind of ridiculous since they sell digital cameras.

Almost a week later I was told by their insurance department I had to go out and get estimates of the damage which I got at my time and expense and killed a day when I got the repair done. Total time to fix the dashboard – 9 weeks.

No sooner was the dashboard fixed when the Sirius replay radio started to develop problems.

No comments: