Saturday, February 23, 2008

Contact needed - Global Vibration web services spam

(Well written but spam to a harvested email address sent to a legitimate search engine optimization company)

I am Dr. Marc Schneider and I work for Global Vibration Inc. in Washington DC (Tel: 1 202-787-3989) - I would like to speak with the person in charge of your international clientele. Who is my contact? Who should I speak to??

In fact, after visiting, I have noticed that your website cannot be found on foreign search engines (I tested it on Hispanic search engines, German search engines, Asian search engines, etc.) Our company is specialized in multilingual search engine promotions in 28 languages. From the Japanese Google to the German Yahoo, from the AOL in Spanish to the MSN in Chinese, we can show you how to develop a true international online presence by promoting your website on foreign search engines.

Let us show you how to develop a presence on the multilingual web without having to translate your website: It is not necessary to translate your website in order to submit to foreign search engines, however, you need to have at least 1 page in Japanese optimized with Japanese keywords and meta tags in order to submit to Japanese search engines, at least 1 page in Spanish optimized with Spanish keywords in order to submit to Hispanic search engines and so on...

I strongly suggest that you watch our online presentation which will explains clearly how to get top rankings on foreign search engines with only 1 entry page per language (do not click on the following link or copy-paste it into your web browser): http://www.mplw.com

From the Japanese Google to the German Yahoo, from the AOL in Spanish to the MSN in Chinese, get users to find your website when searching with YOUR KEYWORDS in their Native language.

Please call me at 1 (202)-787-3989 or email me and let's work on giving your website the true international exposure which it deserves to have with foreign native online users!!

Regards,

Marc Schneider, Ph.D.
marcs@mplw.com
___________________________________________________________________________

GLOBAL VIBRATION INC.
1250 Connecticut Ave N.W.
Suite 200
Washington, DC 20036 USA
TEL:1 (202)-787-3989 - FAX: 1 (202)-318-4779
http://www.mplw.com (never use spammers)
Multilingual Search Engine Promotion Services since 1999. (this seems like a lie since their domain was registered in July of 2003)

Information on the spammers domain: mplw.com

Registrant Contact:
Global Vibration Inc
Global Vibration Inc. (mauispirit@gmail.com)
+1.2027873989
Fax: +1.2023184779
1250 Connecticut Ave N.W. Suite 200
Washington, DC 200036
US

Administrative Contact:
Global Vibration Inc
Global Vibration Inc. (mauispirit@gmail.com)
+1.2027873989
Fax: +1.2023184779
1250 Connecticut Ave N.W. Suite 200
Washington, DC 200036
US

Technical Contact:
Global Vibration Inc
Global Vibration Inc. (mauispirit@gmail.com)
+1.2027873989
Fax: +1.2023184779
1250 Connecticut Ave N.W. Suite 200
Washington, DC 200036
US

Name Servers:
Adonis.inco.com.lb
Sf.dm.net.lb

Creation date: 14 Jul 2003 19:01:09

18 comments:

Adam Oakley said...

We've gotten countless spams from "Dr. Marc" as well. Like all spam its unbelievable that is works, but I must if they keep doing it.

Anonymous said...

Dozens of these stupid "Dr. Marc Schneider" spam emails arrive each day.

Yeah, sure, it's Doctor. A diploma-mill doctor, from a Nigerian Spam college.

Bayes filter learned the patterns, so Dr. Marc's emails are now auto-toasted.

Anonymous said...

In fact, after visiting, I have noticed that your website cannot be found on foreign search engines (I tested it on Hispanic search engines, German search engines, Asian search engines, etc.) Our company is specialized in multilingual search engine promotions in 28 languages.


What rubbish! I get letters from every country of the world. If they couldn't find my website in their search engines, how do they know where to write? Again: What rubbish!!!!

Wireball said...

New subject he's using: "http://www.jaimeviniciusbarros.comDid you receive this email sent to you last week ?"

Yes, I received his e-mail - except it had my domain name at the beginning when I received it in my mailbox.

Looks like he's sending out mass unsolicited e-mail form letters (boilerplate). I'm not surprised that his e-mails are getting filtered out by spam filters, and I wouldn't call them "set too high".

I suggest advertising via more socially acceptable methods, such as Google AdSense or Project Wonderful.

Unknown said...

Now it looks like they are coming from zoptimization.com, newly created domain, first registered 24th August 2008

Anonymous said...

I too got one of these this morning in my mailbox from a Dave Webster from zoptimization. First thing I did was to look at his site, see his address and google it, and hey I came up with your blog! So it must be a heap of turd. This has gotten through a Death2Spam email filter which I'll inform them and let them know to block it out. Cheers for the blog, well done.

MyInternetConsultants.com said...

They also operate www.mseo.com, similar set-up (multilingual seo).

I imagine that domain and IP address (and most of his emails) have been banned by the ISP's so they change names often because of this.

Junk!!!

Anonymous said...

I was contacted by them two days ago too. They told me I didn't have a Google sitemap for my domain. In fact I have several sitemaps (ror.xml, sitemap.xml, sitemap.html, urllist.txt and the robots.txt defines the sitemap.xml with a full URL). The whois record for globalvibration.com / zoptimization.com says it's registered by mauispirit@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

It gets more interesting. If you check his own website against most of the ones he is spamming you will find that in actual fact his own optimisation is absolutely shambolic.

Since SEO is what he claims to do you would think he could do a better job on his own website.

This is basically drivel and nothing in their email is personalised to who it is sent to. It is indescriminate trash just hoping to catch an experienced newbie into parting with their hard earned cash.

Whatever you do ignore this stuff since the sender clearly has a distinct lack of experience and knowledge of SEO matters.

Anonymous said...

What I do with spam email is forward it to all the other spam emailers I have in my spam folder. Each time a new one appears it is sent to all those on my list through proxy servers.
It must be a joy for them to get over 100 pieces of spam themselves.

MeanBlog said...

Now that's funny forwarding spam to spammers!

Anonymous said...

How do you know the e-mail addresses on your list are not spoofed? For example, I occasionally get out-of-the-blue auto-responses from people I've never ever e-mailed in response to a spam message that spoofed my e-mail address.

In other words, there's a possibility that you're actually making the spammers' jobs easier for them by forwarding spam to e-mail addresses appearing in the "from" line of spam.

Unknown said...

We know how they obtain email addresses. One of our executives has worked for them 5 years ago. They hire people from India, Philipines through various seo forums, etc, then they ask these executives to collect email addresses from websites using certain target keywords, for example packaging company new york or what ever. These email addresses have to be unique, have to collect website owner info, contact details, etc. I am not sure what filtering mechanism they have. They send out mails. Once a sucker falls for it (the multi lingual search engine promotion scam), they send the data to a different set of executives who know basic web design. These executives then scrap off the existing english website, take the content and translate it into the required language using google translator, then upload to some server from where they make the site live.

Hope this helps

--

Best regards,
Karthikeyan
Marketing Manager
Ph: +1 408 469 4392
skype: seohelp
msn: outsource@outsourceseoservices.com

Anonymous said...

scott@sharpbancsystems.com

DanF said...

"Good Vibration" is operating under another company name:

MSEO.com, Inc.

and "Marc Schneider, Ph.D." has another alias (he used both aliases in one email to me!).

Here's the information I've received from him as of November 2010:

Marc Schneider, Ph.D.
Marc.schneider@mseo.com

Martin Vermont Ph.D.
martin.vermont@mseo.com

MSEO.com, Inc.
1250 Connecticut Ave N.W. Suite 200
Washington, DC 20036 USA
TEL: +1 (202) 558-2504
http://www.mseo.com
Multilingual Search Engine Promotion Services since 1999.

There's other information here:
http://rosedesrochers.todays-woman.net/2009/04/01/global-vibration-inc-marc-schneider/

Anonymous said...

I actually contracted with MSEO and they did a good job at a reasonable price. Translated one page to 7 languages. They were very responsive to my communications, completed the work on time, and made sure I was satisfied with the results.

The kicker, however, is that I keep receiving their spam promotions. They tell me, my sites not optimized for foreign languages, etc. I just responded to the latest one, telling them that if what they said is true, then it's their fault not mine - that maybe I should get a refund!

MeanBlog said...

Anonymous,

Lets be real. How much new traffic and SALES did you get as a direct result of their "SEO" translation work above and beyond a straight translation?

Please be so kind as to comment back with a link of the page they created for you so we can evaluate it publicly.

Anonymous said...

Dr. Marc Schneider is now Mathias Levarek, PhD