Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Your Assistance Is Needed - Nigerian spam scam

Sent from a Yahoo email address: moha_a06@yahoo.com (feel free to spam it). These types of emails are total scams and I just cant understand why people respond. People must respond or these otherwise they wouldn't be sent.Dear Friend,

I am Alhaji Mohammed Abacha, son of the late Nigeria Head of State, General Sanni Abacha who died of heart attack while still on active duty. l am contacting you in view of the fact that we will be of great assistance to each other likeness developing a cordial relationship. I currently have within my reach the sum of Fourteen Million United States Dollars (US$14,000,000.00) cash which l intend to use for investment, like Real Estate Development or import/export business specifically in your country.

This money came as a payback contract deal between my late father and a Russian Firm on our countries Multi-billion dollars Ajaokuta Steel Plant Project. The Russian Partners returned my father?s share ofUSD$14,000,000.00 after the death of my father.

The new Civilian Government has after the death of my father, intensified their probe on my father's financial and Oil Company. In view of these, we acted fast to move the US$14,000,000.00 from the company's vault and deposited in another private security company abroad. No record ever existed concerning the money traceable by the Government because, there is no documentation showing, that we received the money from the Russians. Due to the current situation in the country concerning government attitude towards my family, it has become quite impossible for me to make use of this money within. The present government in Nigeria had frozen and seized all our bank accounts both here in Nigeria and abroad and has kept us all under house arrest. Thus consent l shall expect you to contact me urgently with your Tel/fax numbers to enable us discuss in detail about this transaction. l propose a percentage of 30% of the total sum to you for the expected service and assistance. l must use this opportunity to implore you to exercise the utmost indulgence to keep this matter extraordinarily confidential whatever your decision is while i await your prompt response.

Yours truly,
Alhaji Mohammed Abacha.

No comments: